Health Information Services

Request for patient information

  • External healthcare providers

    To request clinical information for a patient, please complete the release of information request form, clearly indicating the information required as well as consent from the patient/parent to release this information.

    Please fax the request to Health Information Services on 9345 6589. Alternatively, you may email your request to For any queries, please contact 9345 6107.

    Professionals seeking information under the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005, the Child Information Sharing Scheme and/or the Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme should contact Health Information Services via email: Please refer to Family violence information for health professionals on the RCH Family Violence webpage for further details of what to include in a written request under the information sharing schemes. 


    Certain patient information can be accessed via the My RCH Portal. Information accessible via the Portal includes discharge summaries, some test and imaging results and current medications. Please note: only information from May 2016 is available via the Portal.

    Similar information may be available upon request from Health Information Services, however, if more detailed clinical information is required, this would need to be sent to your nominated clinician (e.g. GP). To request information please call 9345 6107 or email

    For more extensive or complex information requests, patients/parents may apply for information via the Freedom of Information process. Please note: Freedom of Information requests are managed by RCH Legal Services, not Health Information Services.