Transport assistance schemes

  • If you live more than 100km away from the hospital, you may be eligible for travel and accommodation assistance from the Victorian Patient Transport Assistance Scheme (VPTAS).

    Claim forms are available from the RCH’s Family Hub, clinic desks and Main Street Reception, or you can download the form here.

    Your medical specialist will need to complete some sections of the form before you can claim.

    Equivalent schemes are available in each state for interstate residents.

    For more information, ask a RCH staff member or visit the Department of Health website.