Listening and partnering with children and young people, families, carers and community means we have a better understanding of what we do well and where we can improve.
At The Royal Children's Hospital, we are passionate about delivering on our vision that sees all children thrive. To help us achieve this vision we listen and partner with patients, families, carers and community so we have a better understanding of what we do well and where we can improve.
We welcome feedback from children and young people, their parents and carers. Your feedback might be a compliment, complaint or suggestion.
There are different ways you can provide feedback.
Talk with us
One of the best ways to share your feedback, good or otherwise, is to speak with one of our staff. If you are unhappy with your child's care, the quickest way to resolve it is to raise your concerns with your child's bedside nurse, the nurse unit manager or the medical team as soon as possible. Most of the time they will be able to help you.
If you are not satisfied with the response, you can contact the Consumer Liaison Office by:
Completing an online feedback form
Online feedback form
03 9345 5676 (Monday to Friday, 9am–4pm, excl public holidays)
If you leave a phone message please tell us your name, phone number and a brief reason for your call. We will call you back within two business days.
When providing feedback, please:
- give us as much detail as you can. Short sentences or dot points help make the information easier to understand and action.
- remember the order in which something occurred is very helpful. If possible, provide times and dates and any other information or documents (eg. letters, meeting notes, appointment summaries).
- describe what would be a satisfactory outcome for your feedback.
Need an interpreter or another way to provide feedback?
If you require help from an interpreter, or prefer to provide feedback over the phone due to accessibility reasons, please call the Consumer Liaison Office on 03 9345 5676 (Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm, excl public holidays).
What happens to your feedback?
The Consumer Liaison Office will pass on your feedback to the most appropriate person for their information or action. This might involve:
- discussing your feedback with staff members best able to address your feedback
- responding to your feedback, by phone or in writing
- arranging for you to meet with relevant staff to further discuss your feedback
- informing you about the actions the hospital has taken to make improvements as a result of your feedback.
Our Consumer Liaison Officers will endeavour to keep you up-to-date about the progress of your feedback.
We are happy to respond to you about your concerns, but you may prefer to stay anonymous. It is up to you, but we cannot contact you if we do not have your details.
If you are not the legal guardian of the child, we require consent from the legal guardian to share any information with you.
You and your child will not be judged or treated unfairly if you share any feedback with us. Feedback is not stored on your child's medical record but on a separate system. The information collected will only be used to assist with following up your feedback.
We aim to address and respond to all feedback within 30 business days.
What if I am not satisfied with the outcome?
If you are not satisfied with how have addressed your feedback, you can contact the: