Other services

  • Who can I ring for help if Gatehouse Centre is not suitable for my children's needs?

    Sexual assault services for children & young people who reside out of the Gatehouse Centre region

    There are different sexual assault services for children, young people and adults and for people living in different parts of Victoria.  You can find the service for your child, or for yourself by clicking on one of the links below.

    If your concerns are about something other than sexual assault or abuse

    Mental Health

    Royal Children’s Hospital Mental Health Service  if your child is aged 0-15 years and you are concerned about changes in your child's behaviour, your child’s mental health, or the impact of a trauma other than child abuse.

    If your child is over 15 years if age, and you are concerned about changes in your child's behaviour, your child's mental health, or the impact of a trauma other than child abuse, you may need to call:

    Orygen Youth Health


    If you are a child or young person you can also go to  Kids Help Line or call on 1800 55 1800

    If you are affected by Family Violence you can contact

    Safe Steps on 1800 015 188 - 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for women and children who are victims of family violence.

    Orange Door - a free service for adults,children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence and families who need extra support with the care of children.

    If you have immediate concerns ofa child at risk of abuse or neglect please contact the Victorian Government's Department of Human Services on the following numbers 

    • Child Protection After Hours Emergency Service 13 12 78
    • Eastern Region Child Protection 1300 360 391
    • North and West Region Child Protection 1300 664 977
    • Southern Metropolitan Region Child Protection 1300 655 795
    • Grampian Region 1800 000 551
    • Barwon South West Region 1800 075 599
    • Hume Region 1800 650 227
    • Loddon Mallee Region 1800 675 598
    • Gippsland Region 1800 020 202

    Other helpful services