Fracture Guideline Index
Welcome to the paediatric fracture education module.
This education module discusses common paediatric fracture patterns
and the basic principles of fracture evaluation and management.
Upon completion of the education module, you should be able to:
1. Understand the basic biology of growing bone
2. Discuss the anatomical and biomechanical differences between the paediatric and adult bone
3. Describe the fracture healing and remodelling process
4. Discuss common paediatric fracture types
5. Describe the Salter-Harris classification of physeal injuries
6. List factors that affect remodelling potential
7. Understand the importance of assessment of ossification centres around joints
8. Describe the principles of paediatric fracture evaluation and management