Stay informed with the latest updates on coronavirus (COVID-19). Find out more >>

How to access alternative dental services for Victorian children

  • There are a wide variety of dental services available to children in the state of Victoria.  Whilst the following information principally concerns the public clinics, it is important to remember that any private dental practitioner can and should be able to see young patients.  If they themselves do not feel able to help, they should be able to recommend a "child friendly" dentist in your locality.  It is important for all children to see a dentist reasonably regularly in order to prevent problems developing.

    To be eligible for some of the services listed below, a concession card must be held by the child or the parents.
    The cards are the Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card and the Health Benefits Card.

    Dental Services in Victoria