Stay informed with the latest updates on coronavirus (COVID-19). Find out more >>
CCCH art

Learning difficulties clinic

  • About the clinic

    The Learning Difficulties clinic at the Centre for Community Child Health supports primary school aged children with learning difficulties. The children are seen by a paediatric doctor for evaluation over 2-3 sessions, with consultation by a special education teacher when needed, and feedback and recommendations provided after the assessment has been completed. Depending on availability, educational psychology assessments may also be carried out. There may be teaching and research activities in the clinic.

    Patients are bulk billed for their consultations and therefore will need a referral from their general practitioner.

    Clinic time

    • Thursday am


    • Associate Professor Gehan Roberts 
  • Make an appointment

    To make an appointment for this clinic, a referral from the child's doctor needs to be forwarded to the Community Child Health Specialist Clinic.

    Forward a referral to the clinic via:

    Fax: (03) 9345 5034

    Phone: (03) 9345 6180

    Please note:

    • You must have a referral from a doctor. Please note that a referral from your GP is valid for 12 months and a referral from a specialist is valid for three months. This must be forwarded to the clinic before an appointment can be made.
    • You will be asked if the child has a UR number (Unit Record Number) from The Royal Children's Hospital. If the child has attended The Royal Children's Hospital before, they will have a UR number. If the child has not attended The Royal Children's Hospital before, registration details will be completed at the first visit.

    Contact Clinics

    All clinics are held at the Specialist Clinics of the Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne.  

    Visit the Specialist Clinics page for more information.


Murdoch Childrens Research Institute

The Centre for Community Child Health is a department of The Royal Children’s Hospital and a research group of Murdoch Childrens Research Institute.